background

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sewing Machine Shopping

I am very excited to say that I am SEWING MACHINE SHOPPING!! Woo Hoo!

I have spent a lot of time and research looking into starting my own home-based sewing and monogram business and now it's time to get the equipment :-)

I am not getting rid of my current sewing machine, I love it and I will still use it all the time, but it's time for some embroidery and monogram functions. Also, all those little "bells and whistles" sure sound good. I am drooling just talking about it!

I have my new machine all picked out, now I am just waiting and looking around for the best deals, warranty, classes offered, etc. Believe it or not, I am most likely going to buy from Joann. They offer free classes if you purchase from them and since I have never owned an embroidery machine before, a few classes would be very helpful. They also have about the same prices as Ebay and other competitors, so it's a good bet.

And yes, this adventure is supported by hubby :-) He just finished my new sewing tables, so I have an 8 foot table and an extra wide 4 foot table for laying out fabric. I actually have a sewing ROOM now!

Guess what family and friends are getting for Christmas? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment