background

Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Sewing Machine

Well, I have to admit that I LOVE my sewing machine! I SOOOOOO wish (insert hint here for hubby!!) I had another machine that had the "bells and whistles" and maybe more than 15 stitches too, but I can't complain about the machine I have. It is always working (knock on wood)and so far I have not had any problems at all. It has been a trooper letting me learn the basics over the past year and a half. Now that I am learning to quilt, I would love some nicer stitches, a larger sewing surface, and some embroidery functions! Every machine I find that has everything I want starts at around $300, which means I will be waiting for a while :-) But as I have learned just from this machine, hold out for the good stuff. I had a Brother (plastic machine) and it was miserable. I thought sewing was the hardest thing in the world because the machine sucked! Then my grandmother gave me her second machine, a Singer, and it's awesome. My Singer has even let me learn to machine quilt a little and hasn't put up too much of a fight :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment